Saturday, December 12, 2009

Snickerdoodles



My friend Lisa shared this recipe with me and I am so glad she did! These cookies are soft and chewy - just the way I like them!

  • 1 Cup Softened Butter
  • 1 1/2 Cups Sugar
  • 2 Eggs
  • 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 2 3/4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
  • 2 tsp Cream of Tartar
  • 1 tsp Baking Soda
  • 1/4 tsp Salt
  • 2 Tbsp Sugar
  • 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon

Preheat oven to 400.

Cream together butter, 1 1/2 cups of sugar, eggs, and the vanilla.

In a bowl, combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt – then slowly add to wet mixture. Beat until creamy.

Shape dough by rounded teaspoonfuls into balls.

Mix the sugar and ground cinnamon together and rolls balls of dough into the mixture.

Place two inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 8 minutes. No more, no less.

Enjoy! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Those look fantastic! I might have to give those a try, my son in law loves Snicker-doodles!

Hi Lindsey Its me Rainey-Kelly's Mom

You should join Foodie Friday with some of your recipes and photos... On Thursday night we post and use "Mr. Linkey" and about 70 or so hook up with recipes, photos and fun! Go to my blog and search Foodie Friday to get an idea of this fun blogger party!

~RaineyMom~

Joe*Nikki said...

MY FAVORITE!!!!!!!! Thanks for making me some the other day!!! YUM!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails